Sri Venkateswara Zoological Park has a Veterinary unit which includes a Veterinary team, Hospital, laboratory, Isolation ward and Quarantine center. Veterinary team has two veterinary assistant surgeons, one veterinary assistant, one lab technician. Veterinary team daily monitors the health of all the inmates of the zoo. The sick animal will be given treatment and will isolate the animal from the group incase of severity in the sickness. Hospital is equipped with X-ray machine , Bio chemical analyzer etc. Fecal samples will be collected for every 3months and analyzed in the laboratory to know the protozoan &bacterial loads. Newly arrived animals/birds will be quarantined for 40-45 days in the quarantine center before shifting them into the enclosures.
- Vaccination to Large Carnivores against Trypanosomiasis disease is done every 6months and against Feline Rhinotracheitis, calici, Penleukopenia on annual basis.
- Vaccination to lesser carnivores against Distemper,Hepatitis, Parvo, Penenzitis, Influenza & Leptospirosis diseases is done on annual basis.
- Vaccination to Birds against Raniket disease is done on annual basis.
- Deworming of animals ,birds is done every 3 months.
- Disinfection of animal enclosures with Butox, Khorlosin is done every two months.